Full-time students, faculty and staff can receive up to seven free, behavioral-health counseling sessions each academic year. (Additional mental health services may be referred).
- Counseling Services: Counseling Services provide information and support to Western students, faculty and staff about any issue, including, but not limited to, adjustment, relationships, grief or loss, anxiety, depression, urgent consultation, and crisis intervention.
- Counseling Center Hours: The Counseling Center is open during the Western Academic Calendar. (We are closed on holidays, vacations and university breaks):
- MONDAY thru FRIDAY, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone Number: 970.642.4615 (appointments strongly recommended)
- Emergency and after hours phone number is 970.252.6220. Please tell the answering service that you are from Western, in Gunnison and need to speak with the Community Mental Health Emergency Professional on-call. Give them your phone number and name, and they should call you back within 15 minutes. Stay by the phone. If you have not heard back from them in 15 minutes, call again. You may also call 911 or go directly to the Gunnison Valley Hospital at 711 N. Taylor Street. (There may be charges for the hospital and lab)
- Links on any Counseling Center pages to non-college sites do not represent endorsement by Western.